True music fans will appreciate these rare Beatles photographs. And, if you can’t tell, this photo shoot set the norm for the now hackneyed obligatory band picture. This type of photograph has been repeated by every band since and then some.
Some interesting facts about this particular collection of early Beatles photographs.
• The photographer, Astrid Kirchherr, dates these photos as being taken November 5, 1960.
• In a 1997 interview, Astrid Kirchherr indicates that John is only 19 years old in these photos.
• This is The Beatles’ first actual photo session.
• Astrid Kirchherr would go on to be one of The Beatles’ premier photographers.
• Kirchherr is credited with inventing the Beatles moptop haircut.