Here are some common sense tips for using fireworks:
Have a safe and happy Fourth of July!
- Check your local laws. If required, obtain permits.
- Do not mix fireworks and alcoholic beverages.
- Light fireworks one at a time and never relight a “dud” firework.
- Purchase fireworks from reputable and reliable sources.
- Never point or throw fireworks at other people.
- Do not hold fireworks in your hand after lighting.
- Designate one person to light the fireworks.
- Children should not handle fireworks.
- Remember, sparklers are hot enough to melt metal.
- Use fireworks only as directed.
- Fireworks are for indoor use only.
- In case of fire, keep a garden hose or water source handy.
- Soak spent fireworks in water before discarding in the trash.
Remember the sparkler bucket?